Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
HOME FORUM HELP DKP SEARCH LOGIN REGISTER 
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: fallout 3  (Read 7697 times)
Seken
PvP Member
tubgirl

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2008, 11:50:07 AM »

I've been putting in a good 6-8+ hours a day on this game and I can't fucking stop. I fully endorse this monster.
Miy
PvP Member
lemonparty

Who are you?

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2008, 04:04:24 PM »

I've got this masochistic tendency to play games on hard mode my first go-through. That said, this game is still fucking awesome. Chewing through rich people in Tenpenny tower with a minigun is ridiculously fun.

ym
Binks
Global Moderator
2girls1cup

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2008, 11:44:38 PM »

I spend far too much time slaughtering towns  :) The cannibalism perk is sounding very tempting.
Reidhardt
tubgirl

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2008, 12:50:14 AM »

Pro tip, don't rush the main quest. I did because when you figure out what your ultimate goal is, it seems like something you want to get done ASAP before tackling the rest of the game. Instead, at the end you have to make a choice and no matter which you choose, the game ends. Not having a save from before the final segment of the game = I'm on my second play through.
Stent
Administrator
Hungry Wizard

pride and prejudice and zombies

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2008, 04:36:29 AM »

i get bored that the "right way" is not readily obvious, and i've been doing alllll of the side quests, whether i like it or not.

‹aquashee› e equals mass times deez nuts, biatch
aquasheep
Administrator
Mr.Hands

sheeeeeeeeeeeee

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2008, 01:06:58 PM »

Instead, at the end you have to make a choice and no matter which you choose, the game ends.

Yeah this is disappointing, since Fallout 2 let you keep playing after you beat it.

I have a save from right before the balls out end mission though, for future dicking around at max level.
monmoth
Guild Member
Hungry Wizard

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2008, 03:06:34 PM »

The sames true with oblivion so I don't know why they changed that with fallout. I guess as long as you know not to do the last mission its not so bad but it would be nice if you could keep going on.
Binks
Global Moderator
2girls1cup

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2008, 05:03:53 PM »

Playing it nice the first time through, I'll probably try Hannibal Lectering it up on Very Hard next time :x
Deepz
Administrator
Hungry Wizard

WHO WANTS SOME FUCKING NESQUIK?

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2008, 06:52:37 PM »

Anyone had issues with it just randomly crashing on you? I've had it dump out a while after saving and it was fucking annoying.
Kadrix
Mascot
2girls1cup

Terrell Owens

MSN Messenger - Kadrix604@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - Kadrix604
View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2008, 06:56:32 PM »

Yeah I've had that happen a few times, and also on the injured animation ie: when your vision fucks up from a head injury.

<Gasmask› GOD MY DICK IS SO HUGE I CANT POSSIBLY FIT IT IN MY PANTS
‹Gasmask› HEPL UNNNNNGH SPLOOGE SPLOOGE
Kadrix
Mascot
2girls1cup

Terrell Owens

MSN Messenger - Kadrix604@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - Kadrix604
View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2008, 07:34:40 PM »

Also, does anyone know how to train power armor? Killed one of the outcasts a bit back, and can't wear his stuff.

<Gasmask› GOD MY DICK IS SO HUGE I CANT POSSIBLY FIT IT IN MY PANTS
‹Gasmask› HEPL UNNNNNGH SPLOOGE SPLOOGE
Videl

Email
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2008, 07:58:55 PM »

There is one NPC that I can't talk to without crashing... and I crashed the one time that I died (hopefully I can just avoid dying in the future)

Other than that, I'm having a pretty fun time with it. A pretty good title to pirate.
Burg
Guild Member
goatse

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2008, 08:43:09 PM »

Pretty sure Power Armor training is given to you during the main quest, haven't gotten that far in yet to find it though

kind of a spoiler, more of a bug/glitch warning:

When you are wrapping up the quest "Big Trouble in Big Town", it can fuck up before the last step sometimes.  Once you've got the 2 people from the police HQ back to Big Town, Red talks about defending the area from super mutants.  One of the options, depending  on your stats etc, is to show them how to build robots to defend the town.  They'll all walk over to a big pile of junk and wait for you to build it.  Problem is, they usually wont spawn.  2 fixes, first is to just choose the option to help them fight.  Its only 4 regular super mutants and they run down the bridge in pairs pretty spaced out.  Other option for PC only, is to go into the console and spawn the 2 robot models you need.  I didnt write down the commands since im playing on 360, but it should be easy to look up if you want to go that route.  Its really easier to just fight the 4 super mutants and be on your way though, very simple fight at that point in the game.

Side note, when you are killing the guys in the police station to get to the captives, dont use shit like frags or missles.  If the captives take any splash damage, they aggro on you and it will fuck it up if you dont want them to die.

Burg
Guild Member
goatse

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2008, 08:49:15 PM »

Went and looked it up to double check I hadn't skipped it.  Power Armor training is at the Brotherhood of Steel Citadel, where the Pentagon used to be.  Didnt see an SS with it on the map, but I'll assume its on the east side of the map near all the other landmarks / fed buildings.
aquasheep
Administrator
Mr.Hands

sheeeeeeeeeeeee

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2008, 08:57:59 PM »

2 fixes, first is to just choose the option to help them fight.  Its only 4 regular super mutants and they run down the bridge in pairs pretty spaced out.  Other option for PC only, is to go into the console and spawn the 2 robot models you need.  I didnt write down the commands since im playing on 360, but it should be easy to look up if you want to go that route.

I had max small guns, and reloaded a save game to pick the option for teaching them how to shoot.

Also (spoiler!) yeah power armor training is part of the main quest, and right before the last mission they give you your own set to wear if for some reason you never looted it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print

« previous next »
Jump to:  

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function show_bottomAds()