Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
HOME FORUM HELP DKP SEARCH LOGIN REGISTER 
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: GDKP  (Read 17732 times)
Vaelia
Guild Member
Mr.Hands

I'm a friend of your dad

View Profile Email
« on: March 24, 2010, 08:40:58 AM »

I'm thinking of hosting weekly GDKP runs for ToC 25 to make a little cash and gear some alts. Would anyone be interested?
zate
Mascot
2girls1cup

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 09:05:04 AM »

I'm thinking of hosting weekly GDKP runs for ToC 25 to make a little cash and gear some alts. Would anyone be interested?

I would recommend ICC 10, it would be easier to organize, you could probable make more money (per person), and the loot would be better.  The easy modes are very easy, and a hand full of hard modes shouldn't be bad after next weeks (I presume next week) 10% buff.

Did someone call me?  I heard there was an emergengy!
Vaelia
Guild Member
Mr.Hands

I'm a friend of your dad

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 09:29:52 AM »

Meh. ICC 10 seems too dependent on drops since at most you'd only have a few buyers per competent raiders, plus it would be harder to get competent characters to come and drag people through it, especially if there are still a few items these toons need.

ToC at least has 5 guaranteed trophies, it only takes an hour, and there are lots of easily attainable high ticket items (trinkets). It's also a lot more forgiving if you have several horribly geared yet rich characters, which is the intention.
Vaelia
Guild Member
Mr.Hands

I'm a friend of your dad

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 09:42:19 AM »

Although, an ideal situation would be to eventually extend this to ICC 25 once a regular, competent group is formed (and can be done without mains). Hmm hmm hmm.
Deepz
Administrator
Hungry Wizard

WHO WANTS SOME FUCKING NESQUIK?

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 09:12:39 AM »

I'd be down for a GDKP run on gunt, either toc 25 or icc 25. Your pot's going to be much bigger on icc25 of course. You might give icc a shot before the 10% buff goes in, but certainly after.
Olldrac
Guild Member
2girls1cup

MSN Messenger - itheone@msn.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 09:19:36 AM »

I can go on the lock.

Uhuru
Mr.Hands

8 year olds, dude.

AOL Instant Messenger - uhuru+lol
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 09:23:04 AM »

Depending on when this is, I would be willing to go.

Vaelia
Guild Member
Mr.Hands

I'm a friend of your dad

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 09:23:22 AM »

Most important thing will be picking a good day and time and then keeping it consistent. Probably won't do anything this week since the Jaraxxus weekly sort of kills things and Piston is already doing a ToC run on Sunday (supposedly), but I'd like to start spreading the word for the following week.

Personally, I'll be bringing whatever toon I happen to feel like spending money on and then defaulting to maybe the hunter or druid once I have nothing left to gear, but to make the runs successful we'd need:

1) Good, geared players who don't need anything and want cash
2) Good, geared players who have their eyes set on a particular item and are willing to spend a shit ton getting it (Death's Verdict)
3) Average players looking to fill out a few slots
4) Extremely undergeared players with huge pockets

It would be nice if we could grab several type 1 or 2 people who can tank or heal, form a solid core, and then look for people willing to spend cash to build around it.

Also, before I move ICC into the system it would be nice to have a few more runs to gear up our alts in there some more since those are the toons we'd be relying on to make it happen.
Uhuru
Mr.Hands

8 year olds, dude.

AOL Instant Messenger - uhuru+lol
View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 09:40:47 AM »

You can also advertise in our forum posts that once the group gets solid enough it will migrate to ICC25.  That should get a lot of incentive for people to come help out.

Deepz
Administrator
Hungry Wizard

WHO WANTS SOME FUCKING NESQUIK?

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2010, 09:43:51 AM »

You know what would be cool, we'd probably knock out ToC25 in a heartbeat. Time pending the first 4 bosses in icc25 would be a pushover as well.

I'd highly reccomend reading the GDKP thread on EJ, as I'm sure there are some good ideas to make the run successful. It's a public thread, so also probably full of anecdotes like (lol i made 15k) and then an infraction though.
Kennay
DKP buyer
2girls1cup

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2010, 09:54:32 AM »

Stock me up on gold for cataclysm, thx
Vaelia
Guild Member
Mr.Hands

I'm a friend of your dad

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2010, 10:01:04 AM »

Dun did nigga.

For those who aren't aware:
http://elitistjerks.com/f15/t77416-gdkp_run_discussion_spread_your_server/
http://elitistjerks.com/f15/t77416-gdkp_run_discussion_spread_your_server/p2/#post1423129

Best possible candidates for timeslots are Friday and Saturday nights, Sunday afternoons. Of course, our schedule will eventually open up as hard modes become more on farm, but it would be important to keep things consistent.

Provided people don't care to compete against each other for still relevant loot we could jump into ICC 25 immediately, though ideally we're going to have a handful of people in each raid that are deadweight Scrooge McDucks so it would be nice to gear up our competent alts with at least one more "free" run first.
Ulfius
Mascot
lemonparty

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2010, 10:18:19 AM »

I would tank or dps this on Nemcron (DPS set is better but my tank set is more then capable for toc 25). Saturday or Sunday runs would work best for me. I also think we should try and extend this to icc 25 as there is more money to be made and as stated the first 4 bosses are a joke.
Viodia
Mr.Hands

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2010, 10:19:59 AM »

I'd most likely heal.

monmoth
Guild Member
Hungry Wizard

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2010, 10:35:19 AM »

I could tank it on either toon.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print

« previous next »
Jump to:  

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function show_bottomAds()