Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
HOME FORUM HELP DKP SEARCH LOGIN REGISTER 
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: thundercats assemble  (Read 14189 times)
Lanroke

Email
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2008, 11:29:11 AM »

Allright gents, new week, I say, if you guys can, we try to set a day to get more then just 10 in (provided things go well) and aim for 2200 this week. Even if we fall a little short of our goal, if we finish at like 2150 or something, we only have a short jog till shoulders after.

I'm off straight through Friday, so lemme know.
Bag
Guild Member
Mr.Hands

View Profile Email
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2008, 12:03:52 PM »

can do wednesday after raids or or thursday

Like Broseph Stalin, you are leading the way to the dictatorship of the broletariate. It is truly revbrolutionary. Like the Bro v. Wade of our generation. You brobliterate the enemy from the very peak of Mt. Brolympus. That's some shit. That's brolific. But that's the kind of bro you are.
Lanroke

Email
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2008, 04:58:44 PM »

Do you guys still raid tonight, since you blew the pants off of SWP?

Well, either way, wanna try to get some in tonight, the earlier we start the better?
Bag
Guild Member
Mr.Hands

View Profile Email
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2008, 05:11:39 PM »

home later (6:30ish server) but sure.

Like Broseph Stalin, you are leading the way to the dictatorship of the broletariate. It is truly revbrolutionary. Like the Bro v. Wade of our generation. You brobliterate the enemy from the very peak of Mt. Brolympus. That's some shit. That's brolific. But that's the kind of bro you are.
Lanroke

Email
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2008, 04:31:28 PM »

So, when should we make our push to 2200? Call me superstitious, but I honestly feel we have had the best luck on Wednesdays (both our push from sub 2050 to 2050+, and last week were Wednesdays...), so maybe we can try for then?

Lemme know. Also, Bag, I couldn't send your disc out today cause my wife took the car and forgot to take the disc to mail (women...), so I'ma overnight it to you tomorrow - you should have it by weds.
Bag
Guild Member
Mr.Hands

View Profile Email
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2008, 04:33:53 PM »

zomg kk.  thanks.

Lanroke

Email
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2008, 05:04:32 PM »

Yo, looks like this may be the last week to play for titles. When 3.0 drops, the end of the "title" season happens. Our team's rating won't be wiped, but titles will be doled out, and with 3.0 off the PTR, it's looking pretty imminent.

So, I guess this week is for all the marbles guys. We reigned in at 20th this week, and if we can make 2200 or at least close to it this week, Gladiator should be a lock.
Bag
Guild Member
Mr.Hands

View Profile Email
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2008, 06:40:23 PM »

did you send it?  didja didja?  I got all my components put together and they all booted smooth, nothing appears DOA.  just need an OS and I'm ready.

Lanroke

Email
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2008, 09:03:44 PM »

Yeah man, sent it today, but I got the the post office at like 2, and overnight  had to be there before noon (I didn't know that), so I sent it two-day priority. Should be there by thurs ;)
Lanroke

Email
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2008, 06:43:10 PM »

Allrighty gents, at the risk of sounding pathetic/desperate, I'ma level with you;

This team is my one and only chance of making Gladiator in TBC.

While that may not seem terribly important, it pretty much validates the last year and a half spent playing WoW. To call myself a "PvPer" and miss glad four seasons in a row would be... frustrating at best.

So, that said, after last week, I need your help to recover and make it. Normally we only play one night a week, and only a few games then, but with the wire so rapidly approaching, I'm beginning to worry.

So, the long and short of it is, if you guys can help me out by putting in a little more time then usual over the next week, I'd really appreciate it. You tell me when, and I'll be there (I don't even care if I have to take a day off from work lol). I know you guys are busy, between raids and, you know, living life, so any time you can spare doing arenas would help tremendously. I'll even try and pay for respeccs if you guys are able to get games in before raids begin, etc.

If you're wondering why this is so important to me, well, I'm gettin on the local Police force soon (much sooner then I had thought), and I have no idea how much that's going to effect my playtime, aside from dramatically reducing it. So, I don't know if I'll be able to play enough to make glad in WoTLK. This may well be my last chance to look back at WoW and say "Yeah, I'm a PvPer who made Gladiator, good times"...

Allright, end of pitiful post.

Lanroke

Email
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2008, 03:14:00 PM »

Sought some help on strats for our trouble comps. Here's the only good reply I got, from a Pally who ran our comp to 2400, remade, and is now about 2200:

ive run this comp to 2,4k and now on my back there.

vs the 3dps RMP, its hard. focus the spriest, give freedom and sacrifice with brain, dont become sheeped /blinded as a pally. we handle this like a normal RMP: go for priest, cc the mage with cyclonce x2 , repentance, feral charge, fear, cyclone x2 etc.LoS sometimes if needed at the 3 dps version. if they burn your druid put sacrifice on him asap and peel the rogue off. either damage the rogue now or go back to the priest.

vs RMP: just plain nuke the priest. cc mage like above, then cc rogue. we never lost to RMP on the new creation of the team and wre about 2,2k now.

Druid/priest/war: focus priest like you did it. judge wisdom ! this is erally important. rejudge if he dispels it. use rank 1 seal of command. be incredible fast at dispelling. build the above cc rotation up on their druid to force cooldowns. one minute after this put the same rotation once again and the priest should die. if not rinse and repeat.. i dont usually go oom with judged wisdom and rank 1 seal usage.

vs the hunter version: i find it easier dont know why. to the same thing like above. focus priest judge wisdom.dispel the hunters manadrain asap. if the pet is on the druid have him take it down slow with insect swam.

I guess he advocates risking clones early against the mage, before people need much healing, that way if you eat a CS, we can endure, plus it puts his CS on CD earlier, rather then holding it for when he wants to drop someone.

As for me judging wisdom early against the trouble mana drain comps, that might help. I tend to wait till I'm low to judge it, but in reality that doesn't do me a whole lot of good. Putting it up early, provided it doesn't get constant dispelled, which most forget to do, would yield me a lot more mana. Same thing for running a rank 1 seal start to finish. I usually switch to rank 1 (which means I also stop judging) at about 50% of the way through the fight, but doing it start to finish would save me a truckload of mana.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 03:18:11 PM by Lanroke » Logged
Bag
Guild Member
Mr.Hands

View Profile Email
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2008, 09:28:45 PM »

all good stuff.  I can do wednesday assuming we finish on tuesday, and thursday, as well.  I will also be around this weekend, so saturday is a go.

Bag
Guild Member
Mr.Hands

View Profile Email
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2008, 12:31:00 AM »

monday raid time.  I'm pretty sure gas and I locked in 2s, so I would love to spend a night grinding 2100ish in 3s, and that should lock you, lan.  be on.

Lanroke

Email
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2008, 04:47:58 PM »

Yeah sorry I missed you guys this weekend, my kid got way sick Thursday morning, and we spent a lot of time in the ER Friday/Saturday :(

Things just got better for him late last night.

So tomorrow at like 6ish? I'm there bros. As for 2200+, we got that on lock post 3.0 when Gas and I are broken with the new skills, so yeah, if we can sneak me into glad range now, I'd cream myself, for realz.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 04:49:44 PM by Lanroke » Logged
Bag
Guild Member
Mr.Hands

View Profile Email
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2008, 06:40:54 PM »

we got 2200 in 2s.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print

« previous next »
Jump to:  

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function show_bottomAds()